Every year, the Advertising Specialties Institute comes out with its Ad Impressions Study. As always, the results are informative and often eyebrow-raising. From how many impressions a branded product receives to which products are kept the longest, the study is always a must-read. What are some of the highlights from the most recent edition?
Masks are more than a way to stay healthy. They are a great marketing opportunity, too.
- 39% of consumers currently own a logoed mask.
- 51% of consumers would have a more favorable opinion of an advertiser that gave them a promotional mask. This rises to 56% of women.
- 61% of women and 53% of men would be more likely to do business with an advertiser that gave them a promotional mask.
Made in the USA
Made in the USA is always a strong statement. Promotional items are no exception.
- 57% of consumers have a more favorable opinion of an advertiser if the promotional product is USA-made.
- Women are the most favorable to advertisers offering USA-made branded products— 61% compared to 55% for men.
- Which other demographics are the most favorable to advertisers offering USA-made promotional products? Baby Boomers (70%) and those living in the South and the West (59% and 58%, respectively).
One of the most popular branded products is the promotional pen. Eighty-nine percent of consumers currently own one. Branded pens are most effective when they are high quality and something people want to keep. Here are more reasons for marketers to use them:
- Branded pens generate 3,000 impressions throughout their lifetimes.
- They are kept an average of nine months.
- At $1 each, branded pens have a cost per impression (CPI) of 1/10th of a cent.
Think pens get a lot of impressions? Look at promotional bags!
- Branded bags generate 3,300 impressions throughout their lifetimes.
- They are kept an average of 11 months.
- At $5 each, branded bags have a CPI of less than 2/10th of a cent.
Some promotional products you can produce in-house. Branded calendars are one of the most effective.
- Branded calendars generate 850 impressions throughout their lifetimes.
- 52% of consumers keep their calendars one year or more.
- At $3 each, branded calendars have a CPI of only 3/10th of a cent.
Want to learn about the value of more promotional products? Contact us!